Job OverviewResponsible for efficient and profitable day-to-day management of all kitchen operations of the venue, and directly supervises Assistant Kitchen Manager and Chefs throughout their respective areas and ensures positive performance that adheres to budget and meets standards by performing the following duties:
- Ability to perform all responsibilities of each position in the kitchen.
- Assists General Manager in all facets of operation to include financial, forecasting, recruiting, entertainment, sales, and marketing.
- Develops menus for restaurant operations.
- Performs a daily walk through of inventory to determine daily production.
- Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all kitchen related products.
- Performs a daily line check to ensure consistent tastes, accurate temperatures, and quality of items.
- Ensures and enforces a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, training, and safety practices.
- Interviews, hires, develops, trains, and manages all Sous Chefs, prep cooks, line cooks, and back of house trainers.
- Meets daily with Assistant Kitchen Manager to coordinate and ensure production standards.
- Conducts meetings with staff at regular intervals.
- Responsible for labor control and assigning duties to supervisors and staff members.
- Accountable for the development, performance, coaching, and timely completion of all annual salaried and hourly performance reviews.
- Ensures accurate completion of culinary Staff Member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Anticipates and recommends employment needs.
- Coordinates catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
- Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Responsible for quality of products and waste prevention.
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Ability to calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
- Ability to forecast Labor Cost based on historical data and trends.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates
- properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Heads and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five years experience in a high volume food and beverage environment required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent judgment and decision making abilities.
- Ability to supervise multiple levels of culinary workers.